Interested in joining a year-round rowing team ? Summer camps are filling up and are a great way to try the sport of rowing. The regular rowing season runs from September - May for all youths age 13-18. If you are interested in rowing, please email the coaches.
News and Announcements:
*HOTL 2013 - Entries and forms posted on Regatta Central
* PIRC 2013 results now posted
* HOTL 2012 - Entries and forms located on Regatta Central
* PIRC 2012 - Results Posted
* HOTL 2011 Forms and information is now posted. New schedule format for 2011 !
* PIRC 2011 Results is now posted
* PIRC 2011 heat sheets are now posted
* Entries for PIRC's 2011 now being accepted !
* Results for Head of the Lagoon 2010 are now posted. Thanks !
* Entries for Head of the Lagoon are CLOSED.
* Entries for Head of the Lagoon 2010 are due November 8th.
* Results from Peninsula Indoors 2010 is now posted.
* Peninsula Indoor Rowing Championships Info online -- Sunday, February 7th, 2010
Updated Race Times as Follows:
High School Events==============Junior Men's Novice Heat starts at 8:00 AMJunior Women's Novice Heats start at 8:20 AM - 9:40 AMJunior Men's Lightweight Heats start at 9:40 AM and 10:00 AMJunior Women's Lightweight Heats start at 10:15 AMJunior Men's Open Heat starts at 10:30 AMJunior Women's Open Heats start at 10:45 AM and 11:00 AMCOX/Family Row Heat starts at 11:15 AMCollegiate and Masters Events======================Men's Collegiate, Open, Lightweight,Rec, Master, Vetran and Senior Heats start at 11:45 PMWomen's Master, Rec, Vetran & Senior Heat starts at 12:00 PMAll 1000 meter races (Men and Women) Heats start at 12:00PM
* RESULTS for Head of the Lagoon 2009 are now posted
* Latest entries for HOTL 2009 as of 11/12/2009. CLOSED !! No more entries !!
* Head of the Lagoon 2009 is scheduled for Sunday, November 15th, 2009 ! Mixed 4x added to list of events !!!
* 2008 Head of the Lagoon Results are posted
* FINAL Head of the Lagoon Race Entries as of 11/7/08 12 PM
* Head of the Lagoon is scheduled for Sunday, November 9th. Schedule has been changed for the W4x, W2x and W1x. Please check the updates.
* Results for PIRC 2008 are now posted. Donation to Deron Thorp foundation was $425. Thanks to everyone and see you all at Canada College in 2009 !
* Start order for PIRC 2008 is now posted
* Peninsula Indoor Packets updated with new date, location and events for 2008.
* Head of the Lagoon packets are loaded. New events for 2007 are Open 4x for Men and Women.
* Junior Rowing begins Saturday, September 8th from 7:30 AM - 10:00 AM. We will erg and row that morning. Please also remember your information packet that were emailed over the summer
* Information for Head of the Lagoon and Peninsula Indoor Rowing Champs has been updated with dates, times and locations.
* Results from PIRC 2007 are now up. Please also remember to make a donation to Deron R Thorp Memorial. See you all next year ! Also, a PIRC video, courtesy of Emeric McDonald. Enjoy !
* Heat Sheets for PIRC are up and Final. No more changes will be made until race day. !
* Latest Entries for PIRC 2007 have been posted. Please note waivers and fees that need to be turned in.
* Peninsula Indoor Rowing Championships info has been updated for 2007 !
* Head of the Lagoon 2006 results are up. Thank you too all that attended. See you in 2007 !
* Head of the Lagoon 2006 entries are up. 200+ boats once again. Please read the notes on the regatta.
* Head of the Lagoon is Sunday, November 12th. New schedule is up. Definition of a Novice and/or Intermediate: Novice/Intermediate 1X, 4+ & 8+: These events are to accommodate novice rowers. Juniors are considered novice if they did not race previous to or compete in SWJRA 2006. Masters are considered novice for first 2 years of rowing. Lightweights are 135 lbs for women and 165 lbs for men.
* New rowers are always welcomed for the junior and master teams. Please contact
a coach for more
information. Thanks !
* Summer Camp info has been updated. High school rowing for the new fall season will start August 21st for varsity rowers trying out for Head of the Charles. For returning varsity, the start date will be September 5th and all new rowers will start September 9th. More info coming.
* Another Peninsula Indoor Rowing Championships has come and gone and this (2006) year saw 5 CRASH-B Qualifier from our satellite race. Congrats to Elise, Noah, Jim, Alfred and Edwin as you go off to pursue "The HAMMER". Results are up. Thanks for coming and see you all in 2007 !
* Current entries for 2006 PIRC's are now available. Cut-off was February 7th postmark.
* All new athletes are welcomed to come shadow for 2 weeks, please contact Monica.
* The spring 2006 season is here and practices begin on saturday, January 7th for all squads. All new members are welcomed to come the first week of practice, January 7th-14th to shadow the team. Questions please email.
* Head of the Lagoon 2005 results are posted. Thanks to all the parents, rowers, friends and simple guy standing around that helped pull off a spectacular event !
* HEAD OF THE LAGOON 2005 - There are over 200 entries. Athlete please make sure you bring waivers and $$. Please check the latest entries list.
* HEAD OF THE AMERICAN: The juniors had a strong showing in Sacramento all arounds. The novice placed 6th for the Novice Men and 7th for the Novice Women. The men's 4+ had a strong showing in 13th place and the women's 4+ placed 1st !! Next up, the Head of the Lagoon ! All boats are working for a stronger showing this weekend in Foster City.
* HEAD OF THE CHARLES: Congrats to the Women's 4+ and their cox Mihir on a 7th place showing at the Head of the Charles out of 48 boats. They started as the 12th boat, and finished in the top 10 and were in the top 2.8% and received a guaranteed entry for 2006. The women's four of Rebecca, Sophia, Molly and Meredith were just 10 seconds off 3rd place Princetion. Great job !
* The 2005 fall season for high school rowing is here ! The new season for returning varsity athletes begins on Wednesday (3:45 - 6:00 PM), September 7th at the Stanford boathouse, bring your erging legs. Our annual open house will be on Saturday, September 10th from 10:30 am - 12:00 pm for all new athletes and their parents. Location is the Stanford University Boathouse, 300 Cardinal Way. Practice schedule, forms and coach information will be given out.
* Summer Rowing and Summer Camps are here. Varsity members have open rowing all summer on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays and during summer camp weeks. The new Fall Season will start on September 7th at the Stanford boathouse for varsity rowers and September 10th at the Stanford Boathouse for all new interested athletes. For athletes interested in trying out for the Head of the Charles, try-outs begin the week of August 22th.
* Windermere is HERE and PACJC is part of this wonderful event. The Varsity Women will be racing on Saturday and Sunday and the Novice on Sunday ONLY. Check out the schedule and come down to Redwood Shores to cheer our team on.
* The last 6 weeks of the junior racing season are upon us and then summer camps start in June. Please check your practice schedule for the crazy month of April, not to mention spring break. Our next race is the Windermere Crew Classic at Redwood Shores.
* Spring Racing Season has begun. Please check out the Spring Race Schedule and Results.
* Results for PIRC's are up. Congrats to the 4 rowers that qualified for Boston. Many thanks to all the athletes, parents, masters and friends of PACJC that helped pull off the event. Over 600 athletes participated and the event went wonderfully. See ya' all at PIRC 2006 !
* Entry list for PIRC's is up. All 30 ergs are sold.
* The spring season has begun. After rowing over 500,000 meters at the erg-a-thon, the juniors kick off the new season at the new training center. Our first test will be at the Peninsula Indoors on January 23rd at Burlingame HS.
* The Annual Erg-a-thon is scheduled for Saturday, December 11th from 8 AM - 4 PM at Carlmont Shopping Center. Signups are now up. Please check your times and arrive 15-30 mins early to warm up and stretch. Bring a water bottle !
* As the juniors concluded their fall racing at the River City Fall Regatta, the Masters head down to Long Beach for the Christmas Regatta. Check out racing results from the 11/21 race with the Novice Men leading the way with a 2nd place finish !
* Congratulations to the PACJC 2- of Krista and Veronica for winning the San Mateo Cup at the Head of the Lagoon. Their pair beat 3 other boats, including a college team. Also kudos to Jessica in her 1x for securing the Santa Ana cup for a second year in a row ! Great performances from the WN8+ (3rd), the Men's Novice 4+ (3rd), Women's Varsity 4+ (2nd) and the Women's Intermediate 8+ (2nd). Photos are coming ..........
* Head of the Lagoon race results have been updated. Thank you to everyone that helped make the regatta a success as well as to those athletes that participated.
* The Novice men and women along with the varsity and masters competed at the Head of the American on 10/30. Results or posted and pictures are forthcoming. Next race is the Head of the Lagoon on 11/14. PAC is hosting and needs your help.
* The Varsity Women's 4+ competed at the Head of the Charles and posted the best team finish ever. Read the play by play and see the pictures of HOTC '2004.
* Parent's meeting will be held on Monday, October 25th for all Novice and Varsity Parents to cover Fall racing and volunteer opportunities. The meeting will be at 6:00 PM at the MSI Educational center at the boathouse.
* The first couple of Novice practices have gone great. PACJC is still accepting novice men and women rowers for the 2004-2005 season. Please see the novice schedule for details. It's NEVER too late to start rowing.
* The novice season kicks off on September 16th. Please see the novice schedule for more details. Please remember your forms and uniform deposit. Thanks to everyone who attended the Welcome BBQ and to all the varsity and Master's that helped put it on.
* The Welcome BBQ to kick-off the fall season is Saturday, September 11th from 12-2 PM at the boathouse. Directions to the boathouse are available. Come and start your rowing career.
* Another season has come and gone. PACJC says good-bye to seniors, Hilary, Caitlin and Molly as they head off to college. The new 2004-2005 PACJC season starts on Saturday, September 11th with our Annual Welcome BBQ from 12:00 - 2:00 PM at the boathouse. New athletes and their parents are encouraged to attend and meet the coaching staff and receive season information. Please contact Coach Monica for more information.
* The Masters group has changed it's practice days to Monday, Tuesday and Thursday mornings from 5:15 AM - 7:00 AM and Saturday 7 AM - 9 AM. Please contact Coach Joe for more information about practices and joining.
* PACJC once again was part of the Redwood City 4th of July Parade. We placed 2nd in the Amateur Float category. Pictures from the event are coming.
*Congratulations to all the athletes of PACJC for an amazing performance at the Indoor Regatta. A special congrats goes to Molly Choma, senior, for her GOLD MEDAL performance in the Junior Women's Novice event. Molly won with a 7:50.7 time. Outstanding job to everyone. PIRC Results are now posted.
* Peninsula Indoor Rowing Championships entries are CLOSED and the starting order has been posted ! The event has over 500 athletes as of 1/30/2004, 1:22 AM. All athletes or coaches need to check-in and turn in waivers and/or regatta fees.
* In Memory of Dylan Lawrence Cappel, the Cappel Family and all their wonderful supporters are establishing a West Coast Colon Cancer Walk to be held in October 2004. Stay tuned for the official website for more details !
* The Spring Season has officially begun. Practices for Novice and Varsity are in full swing. Please download the team forms before attending. We are still looking for new men and women rowers to round out our Novice teams !
* New Race schedule has been updated for the spring.
* The Cappel family is taking part in the Two-Day Colon Cancer March in Washington, DC on October 18th and 19th. They are marching in honor of Dylan Lawrence Cappel who died at age 23 of colon cancer. They are also marching to bring awareness of colon cancer in young people. Please check the Cappel Family website to see how you can help and follow their progress on the walk. Over 30 people from the Bay Area are making the trip out with the Cappels to show their support !
Congratulations to Hilary Waldo from being recognized for her achievements both
in the classroom and on the water. Hilary was honored as one of the USRowing
Roll Recipients. Great job Hilary ! Your team and family are proud of you !
* Peninsula Indoor Rowing Championships racing information is now posted.
* PACJC will be rowing at the Save The Music Campaign at Redwood Shores on Sunday, September 28th. Times TBD. We need some folks to fill boats. Novice or summer rowers preferred. Varsity needed to help be counselors.
"and the danger
must be growing ...
cause the rowers keep on rowing ...
and they certainly aren't showing ..
any signs that they are slowing"
--- Willy Wonka